Thursday, August 30, 2012

Busy Wednesday

Yesterday was one of the busiest days of my week.  Not only did I have my shopping day to get done, but I also had to return a lot of Paprika!  Thankfully, the people at Spice Mart were more than happy to help me out with the Paprika situation and exchange it for another packet of Smokey Paprika (and really was Smokey Paprika; and not the hot stuff).  And then, I found a lovely belt at Life Line along with a gorgeous skirt I've yet to wash.  And then, I was off to finish my shopping.
I popped in Woolworths for the little bits and pieces I usually get.  Then, I was off for my longer walk between shopping centres.  I tried to get my pruners exchanged, but then the older gentleman showed me how to use them.  I paid a part of my layby off at Woodys' and then I grabbed some stuff at K-Mart and then finished off my shopping at Coles and called Mum.
A funny thing happened on the way to calling Mum though.  I had barely left the check-outs when my shopping trolley's lockable wheel did just that!  It locked up on me.  I wondered exactly why; as these are supposed to lock up 100 metres away, not 1 metre away from the shop.  So, I took it back to the trolley bay and the lady there helped me put my groceries into another trolley.  We had a laugh about it and I was on my way.
When Mum picked me up, she had brought along the other bag of hot Paprika and she and I went back to the Spice Mart and got an exchange for other things instead of another bag of Paprika.  While I was walking around getting a few other things to the value of my $5.99, Mum was wandering around the place.  She was in absolute awe of the place.  It has absolutely everything!  I hadn't seen the cookware, but then I didn't know they sold it.  Mum said she'd come back - most definitely.  We headed off to the K & B Pet Store next and she loved that place too.

After I unpacked everything and had time to sit down for an hour or so, Mum called me and told me that Dad was coming over to take me out computer shopping.
Dad and I spent about two hours or so at Garden City looking at Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi and Dick Smith's for computers towers and modems.  Well!  Harvey Norman were expensive as hell - even though they were having a sale.  JB Hi-Fi was okay I guess.  As for Dick Smith's?  Well, if it wasn't a laptop, it wasn't worth selling.  But we went back to JB Hi-Fi and found what we needed and now, I'm sitting back in my office with my HP Pavilion and a Netgear modem all done up and on the net.  How cool!  I'm thrilled!  

It was a busy day yesterday.  The modem may have taken overnight to get hooked up, but then, I wasn't worried too much about it. So long I'm back online and the books I have had in my bedroom end up back in here with me again and I have the space I need again there, that's all I care about.  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment