Friday, June 29, 2012

June Is Something Different!

This has been a month of being busy in every way!  I've been out and about socially, enjoying the bustling sounds of West End in Brisbane City on the first Sunday of this month to see my friends; and getting home in the dark.  It's always nice to catch up with people I only see once a month.
Then, I got talking about why we wait until the perfect time to use our good things.  I think it's because my Uncle Allan's passing got me thinking about using all my good glasses and everything in my house; because he did.  Yes, he lived life to the fullest before he passed away.
We received our first wet, dull weekend for the Winter and I got in and did a few things around the house.  However, when the fine weather returned, it was short-lived as it came back again and stuck around for the last week of the month; freezing us Queenslanders into our homes... and that was also the first week of school holidays too.
But I've also been busy while the days and weeks have been passing by.  Over the last few weekends, I've been attending a Collector's Exhibition workshop at the Logan Art Gallery where collectors of all kinds of things.  We have a model maker - who loves trains - a person who collects animal bones, another who collects spoons, one lady collects containers (as she's found that her whole family has nothing in common with each other; so she feels as though they are each in their own container in their lives.  What a metaphor!). As for me?  I'm a collector of books; and so I'll be displaying something to do with them... well not precisely my collection, but an artist rendition of my collection.
I've added a new tag/label to my blog here.  It's to do with philosophy; my take on life.  It's not going to be anything deep or weird, just a few posts to make you - and me - think a little about life and what it's all about.  Some will be fun, while others might be a little more on the serious side.  
So, there's my month.  It's been wet, cold, Wintery and busy and fun all wrapped up in the first month of the Australian Winter.  And we have only two more of this season to go!  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment