Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday

It's the end of another week; and the beginning of school holidays.  I've had a busy week and today is my only day before my uber-busy weekend of art outings and housework free to get a few things done that I'd like to do.
Yesterday was a big day out for me, though.  I was out of the house at around 10am and off to the chiropractor's to get my neck looked at.  It was sore, I had a headache and I was very dizzy; so much so I was feeling sick in the guts.  Once my adjustment was done, and everything was fixed up, I went for a walk to Arndale at Springwood and dropped off a Trent Nathan handbag.  It was a nice one but the handles needed work on them.  I talked to the guy who recommended getting in having the replaced with hand-made leather straps; and they'd take a week to do.  I said yes, do it and he took the bag off my hands until next Thursday.
I picked up a few things at Coles and walked back to Mum and Dad's place and we had morning tea.  Mum and I went through Uncle Allan's photos and some other things as well.  It was a good day to hang around their place and look on the net for a bit.
Mum gave me some souvenirs from New Zealand and then - too soon - it was time to come home; it was beginning to get cool.  We arrived here and she saw all the postcards that had arrived through the mail and my little Kiwi toy I had bought from New Zealand when I was there in 1993.  She said she could just see them now, on 365Project as a couple of funny little guys taking up my time and becoming a usual stunt double just for a laugh in my calendar for a while.  
Today, I have gotten in and did some handwashing, checked the mail and chatted to a friend across the road I haven't seen in a while.  It's a lovely sunny day outside.  And the recycling truck has just been and gone for the week.  I'm hoping this weekend is good for the workshop for our collections exhibition.  Tomorrow, we're going into the city to look at exhibition sites around Brisbane; on how things are exhibited in different ways. It should be good.  I'll be taking my camera.
So, what are you up to this weekend?  And if you've got kids, what have you got planned for the holidays?  Until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

Photos for this post:

Contemplation
Best Buddies
 

No comments:

Post a Comment