Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday - At Last!

It's been a good week... not wet, but a little on the cooler side.  However, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  Tomorrow, I'm off to the Logan Art Gallery to work my shift, then attend my first of five workshops to make an exhibit of some of my rare books.  I have to take along a few of my books with me; and there's going to be other people attending as well.  And seeing I don't know what they collect, it'll be a big surprise for me to see their collections.

But this week, I've been without a turntable.  It's been at Woodys' awaiting a new stylus.  Yes, I know, I bought one a few weeks back.  However, that one didn't work out and the owner of the store wanted to hang onto my turntable and change it over himself to see if it was the style of it or if it was something I did (as I've never changed a stylus over before on my turntable.  So, we did that and I'm hoping it'll turn out well.  I just miss my turntable, my stereo looks very naked without; but I have had time to look at - and dust off - my cds.  Over the last few days, I've been playing cds I haven't heard over the last five years!
Yesterday, I pulled out all of the ingredients to make a Ratatouille.  However, after cutting up 5 tomatoes, 5 zucchinis, 3 cloves of  garlic and getting out the parsley, I found that when I cut into the eggplant, it was grey and rotten - and so was the other one I had in the crisper.  So, I began writing a list for today to go shopping.  It was set this morning for me to catch a bus to Logan Central Plaza to get my veggies and then come home.  However as the bus turned the corner into Smith Road, I spotted The Big Apple Fruit Store at Argonaut - which had been preparing for the last month - has just opened.  So, I got off at the next stop in front of the school and walked down to it.  I was pleasantly surprised to find the prices were great, the veggies were well worth it and I found exactly what I was looking for at a better price than at Coles.  And the best thing was that I could walk there and back instead of busing it; saving me a bundle of money and time!  I'm thrilled!  The place was packed too!  There wasn't a car spot spare in the place and it hasn't been like this for years!

Last night, there wasn't anything on television worth watching.  So, I put on the dvd player and watched 5 episodes of 'True Blood' from Season Two.  I have been meaning to watch the rest of that one; and work on Season Three; as the forth one came out on dvd just recently and I'll be able to purchase that one soon.  And once I have them all, I can watch them at my leisure.... very cool.  Then, next year, I'll be buying the last three seasons of 'Supernatural'; as that finished just recently being aired on television.

So, there's this week done.  I've yet to wash up from yesterday.  Yep, I didn't do it last night as I didn't feel like it.  And I'm still knitting a new hat I started yesterday; and I finished off a scarf for my friends' baby who is due in December; but I'm working on this stuff for when their bubby is 6 months old... so it's older stuff I'm making, not new-born items.  Well, until my next post, take care, keep safe and warm and remember, I'm always here.

Photos:

The Big Apple - 15/6/2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment