Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lazy Sunday

Today was my lazy day... after Friday and yesterday being so busy and with me traveling halfway across the city on Friday, I wanted to just kick back today and to almost nothing.  And almost nothing was exactly what I did!
This morning I went out and bought the paper and the milk, ate breakfast and listened to the radio before jumping online and stuffing around on the net for a few hours.  Then it was time to wash my hair and get myself outside into the fresh air to clear up my sinus.  However, as I was about to sit down, I noticed a paper wasp about to go hiding in a hole that's just around my door stoop.  So, out came the surface spray and I closed up the front window and door (to protect Little Miss Stevie from the fumes) and I sprayed right into the hole it was working on.  Well, it came back, took a sniff around the hole and flew away.  I also sprayed around the hole in the wall where my front light goes into... just in case it got ideas about using that instead.  After that, I sat in the nice warm sun and read about 30 pages of a 'Death, Taxes and a French Manicure' by Diane Kelly.  I'm 3/4 way through this book and it's a funny, light romance novel that I won; which is also signed.  I don't mind it seeing it's got a wicked sense of humour all the way through it; otherwise I wouldn't go near it.  
After about an hour, I headed back inside to see what needed doing around the house.  I looked around, sorted out last weekend's paper and tossed it on the floor by the side door (to throw out).  Then, I went outside and watered my Basil and a few other plants.  Then, I tidied up the kitchen from last night; seeing I didn't wash up from then and made myself an ice coffee and decided to play some of my 45s to see how they sounded with the new stylus.  
You know?  They didn't sound too bad!  The casing of the stylus came close to touching the vinyl but didn't touch it.  However, when I put on a larger record,  found it did drag on the outside edge; and this was something I found unexceptible.  So, I grabbed a dining room chair, a nail file and my torch and found out which edge dragged on the vinyl.  Then, I removed the stylus, carefully filed down the edge by about 2mm on either side of the stylus and clipped it back on.  Once I turned the whole stereo back on at the wall again and put on another vinyl, I found it worked perfectly.  I'll have to tell Woodys' about this... and see what can be done about it.  If nothing, I'll just have to make a note about filing it down when I get the next one (whenever that will be!).  
By this time, it was around 3:15pm and time to get my afternoon tea of cheese, crackers and grapes.  I di that, turned on the television - expecting 'The King of Queens' to be finishing - to be bombarded with a rerun of last night's episode of 'Masterchef' (Yuk!  I hate that show!).  Anyway, I found a great movie on 72 called 'The King of the Sun' with Yul Brynner in it.  I love this actor; and have only ever seen him in 'The King and I'... it was great to see him in another role; but he does play royalty so well, no matter which kind of royalty it happens to be.  This movie finished at 4:30pm when all the other usual sitcoms came on channel 11... which I changed over the tv to.  I had dinner by around 6pm or so of pasta and garlic bread and then I taped the sci-fi show on SBS and watched 'Touch' on channel 10.  After 9:30pm now, there's not much on, so, I turn the tv off and lock up.  But before 'Touch', I washed up and put out the rubbish so the kitchen was tidy for tomorrow.  
Little Miss Stevie got her first Winter snuggle and cuddle tonight and fell asleep in my hands as I watched television - such a cute little budgie - and not too long ago now, I covered her over and turned out the lights.  Well, that was my Sunday.  Not taxing, not stressful, not horrible and the only thing that bothered me was the darn stylus needed filing down... otherwise it was a good day.  Tomorrow it's supposed to rain; let's hope it doesn't.  Until my next post, take care, keep warm and safe, and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment