Sunday, January 3, 2016

Looking Good'n'Pretty

I have been looking around the internet lately - and noticed something which has become something of a style lately: not dressing up to look good.

Now, I'm not sure if it's just me noticing this or if it's all about what's in the news, magazines or what I saw around the partying arena on New Year's Eve, but I have noticed that there's less and less women taking pride in their appearance these days.

A lot of them just won't dress up in a nice outfit, put on the make-up, do their hair, figure out the right ear-rings to match along with the necklaces, rings and maybe a broach, strut their stuff. Okay it takes time - maybe an hour to get all that stuff done - but really, it means you have self-love, you want to put your best foot forward and you want people to see you take pride in what you're wearing.

I'm in my 40's and when I first lived where I do, I found it was a poor area, but my Mother told me to keep my standards up - to never let the people of the area cause me to wear anything less than what I should be wearing normally. And you know something? She's right.
As time went on, I dressed in my good clothes to go shopping, with my make-up on, did my hair nicely and wore my best jewelry as I never knew who I'd be running into while I was out and about grocery shopping. And a lot of the times I was dressed better than most of the mothers out there doing their normal grocery shopping... who at the time went shopping in their pajamas! Yes, it was at that time, that people really didn't care what they looked like. I was stunned to find people walking around in their Winter P.J's, dressing gowns, Ugg boots with their handbags and messy hair... talk about not giving a rat's arse about what they looked like! And they gave me strange looks wondering why I was dressed up.

Well, now - about 5 years later - there's not so many people doing that anymore, but I still find a lot of people have taken to walking around in yoga pants, track pants and Active-wear. They don't go to a gym, but they own Active-wear and go out shopping in it. I don't understand why they own it when they don't go jogging, to Yoga or any other fitness classes but they think it looks good to do this? I mean, just go out in your ordinary clothes - jeans, t-shirt, jacket, sneakers - is it so hard put on those things?

As I get older, I know I'm going to feel better in wearing what I want to wear and make sure I look just right before I go out. This is because I've been brought up to dress up no matter where I'm going. At Christmas, I dressed up to go to all my Christmas parties and loved it when all my friends did the same - however, we did have the odd non-committed type of person who looked out of place with us and they simply told us that they got sick of dressing up just go out. 
I don't think I could ever get sick of dressing up when I go out. I love to show off my outfits as I don't have anyone in my life to take me out. So, when I'm invited somewhere I make sure I really look great - even if I am overdressed a little - at least I know I'm going to have a great time; because you never know what'll happen when you're all dressed up with nowhere in particular to go and you get to meet somebody new. Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment