Saturday, July 18, 2015

Feeling Better ... Except...

Yeah, I'm feeling much better now... well, except for a cough which makes me sound like a foghorn.

This will stick around for only goodness knows how long! But at least I'm over the worst of it.  From what the doctor has told me, this is the only thing that will bug me - the cough that is.

I'm doing my best with trying to get rid of it by gargling Betadine Gargle, but I now have ulcers at the back of my tongue from that... so I'll be backing off from that and using salt water from now on as sometimes this stuff causes the ulcers in the mouth, but it's great for the sore throats.

Then, there's the huge amount of Green Tea I'm drinking, the home made vegetable soup with ginger, garlic and spinach I've made (which is absolutely delicious!) and then, there's my other food I'm making all the time... and the chips and marshmallows I'm scoffing down as well.

Yes, when I get sick, I love to stuff myself silly with junk food... no, not MacDonalds, or Hungry Jacks or KFC... nothing like that, just lots of salty stuff or sugar. Stupid really, but it all seems to work out in the end with me getting better.

I've been sleeping like a log and watching a lot of daytime television - the latter I never do normally - mainly because I just don't have the energy to do anything except cough or blow my nose.  Yuk! So, there's my week of being sick with this cold... the one good thing is that I am getting my energy back.

Slowly but surely.

Well, I hope you're all feeling better than I am.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment