Sunday, February 15, 2015

I'm Shaving My Hair Off!

Yes!

You read right!

I'm shaving all my hair off for the Leukaemia Foundation and donating it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths Project so they can make a wig for somebody suffering from Cancer.  

And yes, it's that time of year again - for me to raise funds to the greatest cause around.  

But I'm not going totally bald, I'm getting a #4 buzzcut all over so I'll still have a bit of hair on my head.  And last Friday, I let Mum know about my plans, which she didn't approve of, but I insisted it was my hair and I wanted to do it.

I'm not going to chicken out and my hair isn't going in the bin.  In fact, I'm planning on buying the Express Post Pack next pay and making sure I have big enough ziplock bags so I can do this on the day... you know, post it all off to Pantene, so they can receive it as soon as possible.

They told me at Pantene that red hair is something people really look for and the company would love to get their hands on mine as it's a unique colour that people really look for.  So, I'm collecting sponsors right now and so far, I've got well over the expected amount I normally get at this time... seeing I received my sponsorship book on Friday and my goal is $560 - but if I raise more than that, that's great!

So, if you'd like to sponsor me, just click on the link below:

The World's Greatest Shave Sponsor Page

This will take you straight to my Sponsor Page - yes my RL name is Lynda Parker.  You can sponsor as little or as much as you wish as every dollar means so much!  

Anyway, I'm going to do this at an event at the Logan Hyperdome on 14th March at around 11am in the main court.  You can't miss it!  These public events aren't quiet affairs... they really go all out!  So, if you can make it to support me, please do, I'd love to see you there.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here... and yes... my hair will grow back again. 


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the fund raising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So far, on and offline, I've raised over $500!

      With another week and a half to go, I have another $500 to go until I reach my goal of $1,000! :D

      Delete