Monday, October 6, 2014

Birthday Weekend

Yesterday was my birthday.  I slept in after I received a phone call from my folks and then, decided to walk to the service station to buy a paper.  When I stepped out onto the footpath, I saw a motorcade of old, fixed-up cars, trucks and motorcycles coast past!  They were gorgeous!  So, out came my camera and I took some photos of them driving down the road... what a sight!

Once I had the paper and was home, I made pancakes, and ate them while reading the paper a bit; and jumped online for an hour or so.  However, that time got away from me and before I knew it, I was running late... it was past midday!  So, I jumped in the shower, dressed, put on my make up and packed the car.  I was going to Gabe and Kat's place for lunch; and to celebrate my birthday with family.

It took me around half and hour to get there - and when I arrived, Gabe said he had called my place to see if I had left, and when he had gotten my machine, he knew I was on the road and didn't called my mobile (knowing I'd not pick up while I was driving).  I said I never touch my mobile when I'm driving the car, and that it can wait until I get where I'm going.  He agreed.

Well!  They were ready for me and I had taken my new esky with me I had bought for myself for my birthday with my cake inside it.  It was so cool!  We had spring rolls with rice paper - a make it yourself thing... where you soaked the rice paper in hot water and it softened and then you picked out what you wanted to eat from the buffet on the table; delicious!  We listened to some great music and had some good laughs too.  While I was there, I got Gabe to shorten the necklace he gave me for my birthday; and once he did, he said he forgot how incredibly short I am... hehee... yeah I am quite short; only 5ft nothing.  

Before we knew it, it was time for Riley to pack to go home to her Mum and I had to start making tracks home myself; to beat the traffic.  I had given Riley her birthday gift; but she didn't want to open it until her actual birthday, so that's okay, up to her.  She just knows it's going to be something really cool (as she told me that I always give her cool stuff for her birthday and Christmas - how cool is that?).  Well, I came home and made it here in about half an hour - the traffic was pretty good getting there and coming home.  
But I was expecting a friend of mine to visit and I had arrived around 4:30pm.  It got later and later and he still didn't show.  At around 7pm, there was a knock the door and one of my neighbours I barely speak to said that he had texted him to ask me to call or text him on his number.  I thanked him and did... and what do you know?  My friend had been at my place at about 4:30pm and I wasn't home - at the time when I was just pulling into the driveway.  He said we must have just missed each other... don't you hate that?  I do.  Oh well.  Next time.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment