Friday, August 8, 2014

A Long Weekend Ahead

Today, I went out for a few hours, and I had a few things to get done.  Seeing I had been home for two days working hard on the new line of products for the Creative Markets, I'm happy I got a chance to go out and get some things done.

I was gone from the house by 10am or so, after I found out the car was covered in cat pee!  Yuk!  Well, I didn't have time to wash the car until I'd get home. So, I sprayed the windscreen and cleaned it off to drive and made my way out... well, until I found somebody had put all the wheelie bins along the fence behind the car.  These same 5 or so bins have been sitting in the same space for the last 3 - 6 months, so I dumped one where it was supposed to be, and threw the others in a heap at the back of the complex.  It's not my responsibility to return them to the people's home - it's the tenant's responsibility to pick them up; and if they don't, the Caretaker returns them.  Leaving them outside my place isn't something to be done.  So, I let my Dad know what I'd done (so if anyone bugs him about it, he could back me up) and went on my way.

I drove over to the Hyperdome to pick up some more spray varnish for my next day of varnishing (which will be on Tuesday, while everyone is at work or school).  And then, I made my way back around the ridges to look at some charity stores to pick up some men's ties.  There were some lovely ones at the Op Shop at Logan Central, but I bought only two there.  And then I drove to Vinnies on the Service Road and found another five or so to add to the cushion... they look great!  There's plenty of colours and I'm looking forward to adding them to this Secret Santa cushion for the lady I'm making it for... all hand-stitched!  I hope she likes it.  

On my way home, I checked the mail and came home, where I immediately hosed off the car and washed it.  Stupid cats... wish they didn't pissed all over my car.  Made the damned thing stink.  But now, it's nice and clean and I'm looking forward to being able to drive my car over the weekend if I need to.

This arvo, I'll be working on more works for Tuesday's Varnish'n'Wrap Day.  And over the weekend, I'll be packing for next week.  I'll be hanging out at my brother's house for a couple of days... it'll be a good few days to get to know the area, seeing I have a car now.  I'll also be working on some pegs and the cushion too.  I'll also keep in touch with you all from there.  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment