Friday, July 25, 2014

I'm So Excited!

This weekend is going to be an exciting one!  I have a a lot of work happening for me over the next few days and yet, I'm hoping to get my butt into slow motion to be ready for it.

You see I've been working hard over the week I normally take off before the Creative Markets.  This is the week I normally try to keep for myself to have a bit of 'me' time... however this month didn't work out that way.  Oh well, can't win them all, right?

Today, though I varnished and wrapped up all the stock I needed to take with me to the markets this month - and some for next month - and then sat back and did nothing, zero, bupkiss... yep, I'm not doing anything tomorrow either.  Well, okay, after my Romance Writer's Group, I'm not doing anything.  But then, my writer's group is a relaxing thing for me as it's about my passion of writing.  But tomorrow, I'll be packing the car and getting my butt ready to go... then, sitting down and probably reading a book or sitting on the computer and writing my next chapter of another book, or editing my flash fiction.

I'm hoping to get in and just hang out and do nothing tomorrow... just to relax for myself.  Then, I snag myself an early night and I won't be in a hurry to get to the markets on the way there.  It'll be a good day.  But like my title says:  I'm so excited!  Well, I'm excited about family coming to my market stall on Sunday.  My brother, his girlfriend and my niece, Riley are coming to see to attend the market and see my stall.  It'll be fun!  It's the first time they've ever seen my stall in action.  And I'm working on changing it up again too... adding to it so my new line of goodies have a place to be.  But I'm not saying anything yet on what it will look like, just that my table will have to move back a little and things will look slightly different, and yet the same.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the progress I've made with the work I've done.  So far, I've made 4 picture frames, 6 Mega-Pegs and I'm looking forward to doing more of them next month so I have a good line of them to sell at the August Creative Markets - which will be now known as 'The Handmade & Boutique Markets' ... a mouthful, but a much better and more descriptive way of showing them off.

I'm just thankful today is a nice sunny day.  I've been able to get my laundry out on the line, and it's drying well.  I also got the car washed and I've gotten the clothes clean that I want to wear to the markets on Sunday too.  All I need is a couple of good early nights and I'll be set.

So, how has your week been?  As busy as mine?  Or same old, same old?  Until my next post, take care, stay safe and remember, I'm always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment